10 things that happen when your BFF finds a significant other
Prepare to feel awkward like, 99% of the time.
1. You pretend to stare intently at nothing to avoid creepin’ on their PDA.
2. The film you’d usually go and see with your BFF – well, they’ve already seen it with their significant other. Netflix it is.
3. This becomes a regular conversation:
BFF: Don’t worry – you’ll meet someone soon too.
You: I’m actually pretty happy being single.
BFF: *Pitiful smile* Of course you are!
4. When your BFF actually manages to take some time out of their schedule to spend time with you, you want to introduce a ‘no phone’ policy:
5. But then, even when they aren’t messaging or ringing their significant other, they’re talking about them. Incessantly. All the time. Forever.
6. When they fight, your BFF comes crying to you. To show your loyalty you call their significant other every name under the sun (even though you don’t really mean it – well most of it) and then the next day they are back together like nothing ever happened and you’re just there feelin’ like a total backstabbing biatch.
7. When they argue in front of you though…*finds self staring intently at nothing again*
8. The feels when they start hanging out with other couples:
9. The moment you realise they tell their significant other everything – and I mean everything. Your secrets are no longer safe but it’s okay right? Because your BFF reassures you they are like, so totally trustworthy.
10. The inevitable post-honeymoon-period realisation that your BFF misses you and that you need to hang out more, without significant other in tow.